Love INC of Medina County
This Fall has been a joyous season for all of us at Love INC of Medina County. We are so grateful for all of you who have helped us sustain and grow this ministry over the past year. Here are some highlights of our "Thanksgivings" over the past year:
- We have seen our network of churches grow to 38 across the county
- We were blessed with 90+ golfers at our Spring fundraising outing (more than double the year before!)
- Our call activity reached 300 a month in October.
- We were able to add another day to our Clearinghouse schedule thanks to some fantastic volunteers.
- The Lord helped us get 4 Personal Care Pantries up and running with locations in Brunswick, Medina, Lodi, and Wadsworth. We helped 165+ families through those pantries in October.
- God blessed our Banquet this year with $13,500.00 in offerings and pledges.
We thanks to the Lord for His gracious guidance and blessing on this ministry and we give thanks to all of you who have shown your support through prayer, participation and financial provision. We couldn't do it without you!
Michael Van Arsdale
There are several critical needs for help here at Love INC as we approach the New Year. Would you prayerfully consider how you might serve with us to touch lives in Medina County in the name of Christ?
1. Board Members – must be believers who are endorsed by their pastor and/or church leadership team. These individuals help us coordinate fundraising, determine our strategic plan, and help promote the ministry within their networks of influence. They must work well with others and be available to meet monthly with the board as well as attending our major fund raising events and our annual meeting.
2. Treasurer – this will be a Board Member (see qualifications) who has bookkeeping experience. Must be able to handle a payroll (2 employees), be responsible for keeping track of donations, pay bills and provide monthly reports for the Board. Presently we use Sage (Peachtree) but could switch to Quickbooks if needed.
3. Furniture Movers – We have lost two of our regular furniture ministry workers in the past several months. These volunteers must be believers who are endorsed by their pastor and/or church leadership team. Must have truck or trailer and equipment necessary for moving furniture. Our Furniture Movers arrange with donors to pick up furniture and also deliver it to families in need. We provide a storage area, if needed for furniture not yet scheduled for delivery.
4. Intake Workers – One of the critical areas of service for Love INC is our Intake Workers. These volunteers take calls from our clients. They must be believers who are endorsed by their pastor and/or church leadership team. They must love people and be good listeners. Must be able to ask questions of clients without being judgmental. They are asked to complete intake forms for each client who calls and pray with clients on the phone. They also are required to sign a confidentiality agreement. Most Intake Workers work a minimum of twice a month (many schedule for once a week). They would be needed on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Our office is open from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. Most volunteers work a three hour shift.
5. Administrative Workers – We are also in need of volunteers who are adept at computer work and filing. Would be required to work with Microsoft Word, Charity Check (our client database), and Gmail. These volunteers would input client records, update our resource database, file client folders, and help with other general office work. They must be believers who are endorsed by their pastor and/or church leadership team. Administrative workers are asked to serve a schedule similar to our Intake Workers (see above). They also are required to sign a confident-iality agreement.
Our Mission . . .
"To mobilize local churches to transform lives and communities in the Name of Christ."
Are you in need of assistance?
Please call our Client Intake Line at 330-460-5887